Our souls know when we are not meant to be someplace. For me, the feeling is suffocation. I feel suffocated in a role, relationship, or endeavor. Even if…especially if…it makes sense on paper, I notice it is harder to let go. But, let go we must. Otherwise, life becomes restrictive and it doesn’t flow like we know it can.
That first day I drove up to the plaza where my studio resides, I had this eerie feeling… like I might get into a car accident. I was only going for a nail appointment at a tenant suite, but I noticed “it”…the studio that someone had just vacated. Something within me pursued it and everything just barely worked out… the finances, the terms, the conditions, the wherewithal. Over the years, the studio was never profitable, despite significant effort and attempts to make it so… The studio could’ve been easily profitable except for the space — too big… or the location — not frequented enough…but, recently, I see it more as the Universe calling me out, telling me, “This is NOT where you’re supposed to be!” So, why then? The answers are always apparent in hindsight. Things you couldn’t have learned otherwise. Mine have to do with an appreciation for bricks & mortar businesses, women in general, and my personal penchant for freedom.
If not for the studio, then none of these lessons. None of these “real women conversations”. None of these realizations that you can work your a## off and not get compensated accordingly. And, most importantly, the realization that group fitness leaves me wanting for deeper connection.
Early last year, it was instrumental and instructive when I felt the desire to compete again. “Uh-oh…” my ego said. “Ah-yes!” my soul exclaimed. Competing for me is the “thing” that provides the structure to let my soul thrive. So, as I received the desire for the superficial “mid-section”, the aesthetic was leading me to the soul. Our souls know what will enable us to change. It may, in fact, be very human and ordinary.
A mere month ago, when I met the new owners of the studio — Jeanette and Josh, I had this uncanny feeling that I had met them before. We both wanted the same outcome so negotiations were easy and I remained on the path of least resistance. My ego kept me in-check as if the floor might fall out, but my higher self laughed because the Universe had saved me just in the nick of time. As it always has…
The Saturday after we reached an agreement, my phone rang with a number I did not recognize. In a rare mood to converse, I picked up the phone…
Sarah, we were wondering if you’d be interested in doing a book signing at our Hay House event in November at the Westgate (in Las Vegas)…”
What?!” I mean, “Yes….and, would it be possible to switch out my published book for a new one?”
I’ve had a book in me since I opened the studio. The studio, arguably, kept me from progressing the book. With the studio gone, the obstacles are gone.
Sure, that’d be no problem. As long as you are published by Sept 21.”
I smiled to myself. The Universe had provided me just the timeline I needed to get it done.
So, I ask you, my friends, to help me with the subtitle. “A Star is Born” is firm as the title…divinely received at my first Chopra retreat, but the subtitle is not. From the below, what inspires you or resonates with you? Feel free to comment as you feel comfortable: in personal message, comment below, or via text.
- A Star is Born: Creating light from chaos
- A Star is Born: Out of destruction, reclaiming an opportunity to shine
- A Star is Born: Finding your way out of chaos
- A Star is Born: Choosing to shine no matter what
- A Star is Born: The pathway back to brightness
- A Star is Born: Leading yourself out of the darkness
- A Star is Born: Learning how to shine again
- A Star is Born: How to become the brightest version of yourself
- A Star is Born: Moving from darkness back to light
- A Star is Born: Turning tragedy into triumph
- A Star is Born: Turning chaos into light
- A Star is Born: Shining light on the darkness
- A Star is Born: Birthing your heart’s desires
- A Star is Born: Harmonizing with the Star within
- A Star is Born: A Memoir about turning destruction into light
- A Star is Born: Embracing destruction to rebirth the light within
- A Star is Born: Shine light into the darkness
- A Star is Born: Reclaiming your power