Warning: this recipe makes 12 LARGE protein pancakes!
Serving size: 1 for women, 2 for men, 1/2 for toddlers
- 10 scoops of protein pancake mix (our choice MET-Rx High Protein Pancake Mix)
- 2 bananas
- 6T of Better ‘n Peanut Butter (compare 2g of fat per 2T serving with traditional PB’s 16g of fat)
- Water to desired consistency
On griddle or large frying pan, spray non-fat olive oil spray. Avoid unnecessary cals and fat by substituting butter or any kind of oil with a nonfat olive oil spray. FYI – oil can’t be nonfat, but it’s about our ability to spray it as thinly as one can with a spray vs. spread out a tablespoon of oil. Don’t believe me? OK, read more about it here.
3. Toppings (optional)
- 1T sugar-free maple syrup (Note: serving size is a 1/4c…you don’t need that much!)
- Fresh strawberries…Trader Joe’s has a great selection right now. Limit to 1-2 strawberries per pancake. Berries are high in antioxidants and, while strawberries are nice being on the more alkaline end of the acidity scale, fruit is sugar. Use sparingly.
- 1-2T of nonfat plain Greek yogurt. The one I use (pictured below) is a generic brand that has the same nutritional stats as Chobani nonfat plain, but at 1/2 the price. Not all Greek yogurts are created equal…not even close! Read labels to compare fat, protein, and carb…sugars. (Note: serving size is a full cup…psst, you don’t need that much!)
Thanks again for subscribing. We absolutely love this recipe and we hope you will too! What’s your favorite food that you’d like to have a healthy alternative to? Contact us at Star’s Locker and let us know!